Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) conducts exam for the position of Probationary Officer (PO)/Management Trainee in various public sector banks in India. The online examination is held in two phases – Preliminary and Main. IBPS PO official notification is now available. The next Common Recruitment Process for selection of the candidates is scheduled in October/November 2019 . However, the online registration for the exams begins in the month of 07.08.2019.
IBPS PO 2019 Application Form will be available from 07.08.2019. Candidates who wish to apply must have a bachelors degree in a required stream.
Candidates in order to get selected must qualify preliminary exam and main exam followed by an interview session.
|Allahabad Bank||Corporation Bank||Indian Bank||Syndicate Bank|
|Andhra Bank||Central Bank of India||
|Union Bank of India|
|Bank of Baroda||Canara Bank||Punjab National Bank||United Bank of India|
|Bank of Maharashtra||Indian Overseas Bank||Punjab & Sind Bank||UCO Bank|
|Bank of India|
Highlights of IBPS PO 2019
|Exam Name||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection- Probationary Officers exam|
|Conducting Body||IBPS (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection)|
|Exam Type||National Level|
|Eligibility Criteria||Qualification: Graduate from a recognized University
Age Limit: 20 years – 30 years
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||Computer-Based Test|
|Duration of Exam||
Preliminary: 1 hour
|IBPS PO Salary||INR 37,360 – INR 38,700 (in hand salary)|
|IBPS PO Help Desk||1800 222 366 / 1800 103 4566|
IBPS PO 2019 Important Dates
The application process starts in the month of August 2019. Tentative dates for the events are:
|Onlne Registration including Edit/Modification of Application||07.08.2019 to 28.08.2019|
|Online Payment of Application Fees/Intimation Charges||07.08.2019 to 28.08.2019|
|Download of call letters for Pre- Exam Training||September 2019|
|Conduct of Pre-Exam Training||23.09.2019 to 28.09.2019|
|Download of call letters for Online examination – Preliminary||October 2019|
|Online Examination – Preliminary||12.10.2019, 13.10.2019,
19.10.2019 and 20.10.2019
|Result of Online exam – Preliminary||October/ November 2019|
|Download of Call letter for Online exam – Main||November 2019|
|Online Examination – Main||30.11.2019|
|Declaration of Result – Main||December 2019|
|Download of call letters for interview||January 2020|
|Conduct of interview||January / February 2020|
|Provisional Allotment||April 2020|
IBPS PO 2019 Vacancies
Mentioned are the expected vacancies for 2019. PwD candidates are further divided into (HI,OC,VI,ID). Applicants may refer the vacancies category-wise:
IBPS PO 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are required to study eligibility conditions laid down by IBPS before registering for IBPS PO 2019. In case, any candidate does not meet the specific condition at any stage of the Common Recruitment Process, the candidature is liable to be rejected immediately. The basic eligibility criteria is necessary to be followed:
To appear for IBPS PO 2019, a candidate must be any of the following:
- Citizen of India
- Subject of Nepal or Bhutan
- Tibetan refugee who is permanently settled in India prior to January 1, 1962
- Person of Indian origin who has migrated from either Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Burma, Vietnam, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Tanzania, Zaire, or Zambia with the intention of residing permanently in India.
Note: Candidates belonging to the categories (2,3 and 4) should possess a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India.
- A graduate degree or equivalent in any discipline from a university recognized by Government of India.
- General category candidates must score minimum 60% marks while there is a relaxation of 5% for reserved category.
- General category applicants should be of at least 20 years but less than 30 years, as on August 1, 2019.
- Provisions for age relaxation, depending upon the category of the candidate as per IBPS norms, is tabulated below:
|Category||Relaxation in age|
|Scheduled Tribes and Scheduled Castes||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes- Non-Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL)||3 years|
|Persons with Disability (PWD)||10 years|
|Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers (including Emergency Commissioned Officers, and Short Service Commissioned Officers) who were in service for not less than 5-years and resigned on the conclusion of the assigned project.||5 years|
|The original residents of Kashmir Division of the State of J&K during January 1980 to December 1989.||5 years|
|Candidates affected by the 1984 riots||5 years|
- Visit the official website of IBPS, i.e. www.ibps.in
- Click on the tab “APPLY ONLINE FOR CWE-PROBATIONARY OFFICERS/ MANAGEMENT TRAINEES” to access the Online Application Form.
- Register application by entering basic information in the online form.
- Candidates need to be very careful about the details they enter as there is no provision for editing or modification of the data entered in the application form.
- The system would generate a provisional registration number and password on the screen as well as send the same via Email & SMS to registered email ID and mobile number.
- Candidates are required to upload their photograph and signature as per the specifications given below:
|Applicant’s recent, colour, passport-size photograph of good quality with light background||
Image dimensions: 200 X 230
Image dimensions: 140 X 60
- IBPS PO 2019 application fees can be paid in the online mode only. The application form is integrated with the payment gateway and the payment can be made by using Debit or Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/Mobile Wallets.
- On successful completion of the payment process, an e-receipt will be generated which must be printed and saved along with the completed application form.
Precautions while filling the Application Form
- The applicant’s name/guardian’s name etc. should be spelled identically to the applicant’s certificates/mark sheets. Any dissimilarity found may disqualify the candidature.
- Prior to submission of the online application, candidates are advised to carefully verify the details entered. No change is permitted once the form is submitted.
- Since all correspondence related to the recruitment drive would be sent via email and/or SMS, applicants are advised to register with an active email ID and a valid mobile number.
IBPS PO 2019 Application Fee
The application fee/intimation charges as per applicant’s category are tabulated below. Bank transaction charges as applicable, is to be borne by the applicants.
IBPS PO 2019 Admit Card
Separate Admit Cards will be issued for each round of IBPS PO 2019 which will be available on the official website. IBPS PO Admit Card 2019 for Prelims is expected to be issued in October 2019 while that for Main will be available in November 2019. Applicants need to follow the steps listed here to download their Admit Cards:
- Visit the official website of IBPS.
- Click on the link to download IBPS PO 2019 Admit Card.
- Enter the login credentials (Provisional ID and Password received during the IBPS PO Application Process).
- Verify the details on the Admit card and obtain multiple prints.
Documents required at the time of entry in the examination hall:
- Valid Admit Card for the respective date and session of the examination.
- Photo-identity proof (as specified) in original as well as xerox copy.
IBPS PO 2019 Exam Centers
- IBPS PO 2019 candidates need to specify their preferred center for both Prelims and Main examinations in the online application form.
- Allotment of IBPS PO 2019 Exam Center will be on the “first-apply-first-allot” manner based on availability.
- The Admit Card will carry the details of the Exam Center and time. Once the centers are allotted, no request for change will be entertained by the Board.
IBPS PO 2019 Exam Pattern
IBPS PO 2019 is an objective type, computer-based examination, while the exam pattern is different for the Prelims and Main Exam:
Prelims stage of IBPS PO exam comprises objective type questions which must be attempted by the candidates within an hour. The exam comprises 3 sections, i.e. English, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability. Medium of the exam is English and Hindi. Section-wise distribution of questions of each section is tabulated below.
|Section||Number of Questions||Marking Scheme||Medium of Exam||Duration|
|English||30||+1 for each correct answer; -1/4 for each wrong answer||English||1 hour|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||English and Hindi|
|Total||100||100||–||20 minutes each|
Note: Candidates who qualify preliminary exam will sit for the Main Exam.
The Main exam is divided into 5 sections and the section-wise distribution of questions is tabulated below. Candidates will have to answer 200 questions and maximum marks for the exam is 20.
|Section||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Medium of Exam||Duration|
|English Language||35||40||English||40 minutes|
|Essay & Letter Writing||2||25||30 minutes|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||English and Hindi||45 minutes|
|General/Economy/Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
IBPS PO Pre-Exam Training
It is a special training process organized by the Nodal Banks/ IBPS PO participating banks before the exam for the candidates belonging SC/ST/Religious Minority Communities. The IBPS PO Pre-exam training is free of cost Here, candidates are introduced to the exam pattern and are given helpful tips & tricks by the experts.
This training also makes the candidates aware of IBPS PO recruitment process. It is usually conducted for 5 days and the option to avail it is available while filling the application form of IBPS PO.
Note:Candidates belonging to the reserved category will be provided free-of-cost pre-exam training by IBPS.
IBPS PO 2019 Syllabus and Recommended Books
The exam pattern of IBPS PO covers a vast range of subjects, wherein English and Quantitative Aptitude are at the elementary level and Reasoning, Data Interpretation, and General Awareness are at the competitive examination level.
|Quantitative Aptitude||Reasoning Ability||English Language||General Awareness||Computer knowledge|
|Simplification, Number Series, Ratio & Proportion, Percentage & Averages, Profit & Loss, Mixtures & Allegations, Simple Interest & Compound Interest, Work & Time, Time & Distance, Sequence & Series, Quadratic Equation, Permutation & Combination||Seating Arrangement, Syllogism, Input Output, Coding Decoding, Alphanumeric Series, Ranking/Direction/Alphabet test, Data sufficiency, Puzzle, Logical Reasoning||Reading Comprehension, Fill in the blanks, Error Spotting, Sentence Correction, Para Jumbles||Banking & Financial Awareness, Current Affairs. Static GK||Fundamentals of Computer, History of Computer, Internet MS Office, Input Output devices, Computer Shortcuts|