CURRENT AFFAIRS 10TH MAY

Rakesh Sharma, Bajaj Auto Executive Director elected as IMMA Vice-President

Rakesh Sharma, Bajaj Auto Executive Director and also a representative of SIAM (Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers) elected as VP (Vice President) of IMMA, International Motorcycle Manufacturers Association (based in Geneva) during the annual general meeting of (IMMA) at Yogyakarta in Indonesia. Rakesh Sharma has a wide range of experience in 2 and 3-wheeler industry and he is expected to efficiently direct IMMA towards being the trusted motorcycle manufacturers worldwide. IMMA’s president is Johannes Loman.

Bharti Airtel and Hughes India merged broadband satellite business

Bharti Airtel and Hughes Communication India have agreed to merge their broadband satellite or VSAT (very small aperture terminal) business to improve operational efficiencies and target new customers in areas such as in-flight connectivity. After a merger, Hughes Communication will own 67% share of new entity and the remaining 33% will own by Bharti Airtel. The Hughes Communication 36% share of the market and Airtel Business, the enterprise and VSAT arm of Bharti Airtel, has 27% share of the market.

158th Birth Anniversary of Rabindranath Tagore Observed

India’s first Nobel laureate who reshaped Bengali literature and music, Rabindranath Tagore was also an educationist who started the Vishwa Bharati University in Shantiniketan, and in the process, challenged conventional mores of education. Rabindranath Tagore’s birth anniversary is also known as Pochise Boishakh 2019.

World Thalassaemia Day was observed on 8th May

8th May is observed as World Thalassaemia Day globally every year. The theme for 2019 was Universal access to quality thalassaemia healthcare services: Building bridges with and for the patient.  The day is observed to raise awareness about thalassaemia, its prevention, and measures to avoid its transmission among people throughout the world. It is observed in honour of all patients suffering and fighting from thalassaemia and also all scientists working hard to provide improved quality of life to people suffering with it.

Sujatha V Kumar appointed as Head of Marketing for India and South Asia for Visa

Visa, the global leader in digital payments technology, announced the appointment of Sujatha V Kumar as Head of Marketing for India and South Asia.  Her roles will be as the overall marketing strategy and execution including consumer, retail and digital marketing initiatives for India and the emerging markets of Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Nepal and Maldives Prior to this, she worked with Google as Head in Brand & Reputation, Marketing and Strategy.

Indias Jagjit Pavadia re-elected to the International Narcotics Control Board(INCB)

Jagjit Pavadia, an Indian re-elected by the UN Economic and Social Council to a five year term on International Narcotics Control Board with the highest number of votes of 44 in the 54 member council. She will begin her term on March 2, next year. She was elected to the INCB for her first five year term in 2014. She has also served as the First Vice-President of the Board in 2016 and Chair of the Standing Committee on Estimates in 2015 and 2017.

Chhattisgarh Deploys 1st Anti-Naxal Women Commando Unit

The Chhattisgarh police for the first time has inducted women commandos in the District Reserve Guard (DRG), its frontline anti-Naxal force. Comprising 30 women led by Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Dineshwari Nand, have received extensive training in jungle combat. With the induction of the women commando contingent, the number of platoons of the DRG in Dantewada now stands at six.

TAFE, Petroleum Conservation Research Association Sign MoU

Tractor-manufacturer Tractors and Farm Equipment (TAFE) Ltd has signed an MoU with Petroleum Conservation Research Association (PCRA) to aid conservation of resources. Under the MoU, the association plans to jointly conduct agricultural workshops by involving TAFE’s dealership network.

IIT Bombay researchers developed first indigenous microprocessor AJIT

Engineers from the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT Bombay) have developed a microprocessor called AJIT which could reduce the country’s dependence on imports. It is the first to be conceptualised, designed, developed and manufactured in India. The project was funded by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and IIT Bombay. Powai Labs, a Mumbai-based company, has invested in the venture. It will own, market and support the product.


Our Products

Share

 13
|
    0

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Online Test