Current Affairs 02nd and 3rd March 2018
1. Cabinet approves establishment of National Financial Reporting Authority:
- With an aim to tighten regulatory oversight over auditors, the Union Cabinet has approved the establishment of National Financial Reporting Authority (NFRA) as an independent regulator for the auditing profession.
- NFRA will be established under Companies Act 2013 to ensure quality audit.
2. Maharashtra Government ties up with Wikipedia to promote Marathi:
- The Government of Maharashtra has collaborated with Wikipedia to promote Marathi and increase its online usage.
- The Marathi people will be provided a platform and encouraged to write about their profession in their native language.
3. World’s largest Solar Park launched in Karnataka:
- The first phase of Shakti Sthala Solar Park has been inaugurated in the Tumkur district of Karnataka.
- The solar park having a total capacity of 2,000 megawatts, is claimed to be the world’s largest solar park.
- The project has been executed within 2 years with zero land acquisition.
4. Maharashtra’s first Mega Food Park inaugurated:
- HarsimratKaurBadal, Minister of Food Processing Industries, has inaugurated the Maharashtra’s first Mega Food Park named as Satara Mega Food Park in Satara district.
- With this, the number of Mega Food Parks in country became 12.
- Mega Food Park scheme has been implemented in the country by the Ministry of Food Processing to create modern infrastructure facilities for food processing along with value chain from farm to market through cluster based approach.
5. Annual Army Seminar 2017-18:
- Minister of State for Defence, DrSubhashBhamre has inaugurated the one day Annual Army Seminar for 2017-18.
- The seminar aims to showcase the contribution of Army towards nation building.
6. Paschim Lehar concludes:
- Indian Navy concluded Tri-Service Maritime Exercise “Paschim Lehar” off the western coast in Arabian Sea.
- The exercise aimed to enhance cooperation and interoperability between Indian Navy, Indian Army, Indian Air Force and Coast Guard.
7. PNB and ICICI Bank increase MCLR Rates:
- The Punjab National Bank and ICICI have increased the Marginal Cost of funds based Lending Rate (MCLR) from 8.3% to 8.15% and from 8.2% to 8.3% respectively.
8. HarmanpreetKaur joins Punjab Police as DSP:
- Indian woman cricketer HarmanpreetKaur has joined Punjab Police as Deputy Superitendent of Police.
9. NavjotKaur –1st Indian woman to win gold in senior Asian Championship:
- NavjotKaur has become the first Indian woman wrestler to win gold in the Senior Asian Championship.
- She has won in the 65 kg freestyle category.
IBPS PO .... View Course
SSC TIER1.... View Course
COMPUTER A.... View Course
G.A. CAPSU.... View Course
Advanced M.... View Course
UPCOMING LIVE CLASSES
DAILY CURRENT HAPPENINGS
SUBSCRIBE CHANNEL FOR FREE VIDEO CLASSES